Funny thing this morning. I get up at my usual time in the morning. I go through my daily routine, and when I'm getting dressed, I noticed one of my Nike symbols on my tennis shoes was missing. Thinking that I have to buy some new shoes sometime in the near future, I put them on and left for work. Nothing else happened that was odd. Now I am in 1st period passing out writing assignments to my students, and (because they are sitting on the floor), I look down and notice that my feet look different. I am wearing two different pairs of shoes! HA HA! Although the colors are similar and they look very much alike, from a side angle the styles are totally different. Oh well, it's too late to go home and change. Funny thing....no one throughout the day even notices. My lunch buddy never notices. My students never notice. I guess no one really ever pays that much attention to shoes. I do happen to tell two students about my little mix up. They decide its "cool miss" and switch one shoe between both of them. Now there are 3 idiots walking around J.C.
To follow up with the small spat with my student yesterday....She comes in an asks me if I had gotten her e-mail last night on Myspace. I actually didn't check it yesterday, so I honestly didn't. I tell her no, and she says that I will like it. Afterwards, it is a normal class. When I got home this afternoon I finally did get to see her message. It was a cute kitty (she knows I like cats), and an apology. This just goes to show that she is truly very sweet and thoughtful, and still remains one of my favorites :)
During the last period of the day, I decided to hold a toe touch competition for some of my students. The last class is very talented, and two boys have been out jumping the girls. The girls decided to step it up and thus came the need for the jump off. One of the other teachers heard and asked if he could bring his class to witness, so now they really had a crowd. It came down to one guy and one girl. The cheerleader ended up winning, but the boy gave her a run for her money. It was very amusing and it made my day.
After my roommate ate outside yesterday with her boyfriend, I ended up out there as well. Although I was alone, I was amazing. The night was cool, the air was luscious, and my sandwich was delicious. he he. The lights under the umbrella were actually very sensible. They allowed you to see what was on the table. In other words, to make sure you don't eat any bugs. It actually looks like a sidewalk cafe or something. I need one more extension cord to make it complete.
My Dad's birthday is this month. He is hard to shop for. Boys in general are hard to shop for, but my Dad especially. A lot of thought went into his Christmas present. I wanted to get him something that he would use, make his life easier, and something having to do with electronics. I got him a blue tooth earpiece, and he seemed uneasy at first, but ended up liking it. Now his birthday is right around the corner and I find myself wondering what he wants. Maybe I over think things, but a like to put a lot of thought into a persons gift. It tells them I care and I'm not about to go to the mall and grab the first thing I see. It's not about how much time it took to get the gift or even about the money. For me, it is the thought that matters. Maybe because in the past I have encountered some messed up situations that it just makes me more aware of gift-giving. Ideas anyone?
I was recently tricked into a Columbia House membership, but am really liking the deal.
I believe that my Jasper has is smarter than he lets on. The other day, at my Target shopping spree, I purchased a water bottle with a spray nozzle. It is used to train cats not to jump on furniture, counters, or any other unwanted spot. I had one and believed that he bumped it off the counter on accident and it ended up un-fix-able (if that really is a word). So almost 3 months go by and no water bottle to train with, so I decide to buy another one. As soon as I got home I filled it with water and he jumps on the counter to look at what I am doing. I spray him and he gets angry. (He is very vocal) I must have only used the stupid thing about twice that day. I left to get dinner, and when I returned the bottle was on the floor and broken in the exact same way as the first. Weird stuff. I contemplated whether or not to buy another one, but decided that the spray nozzle from my sink will work just fine :)
Not so funny stuff:
My car is acting a bit strange. I got an oil change this past week, so I hope it is just the cars way of getting used to the new oil. It felt like it was going to turn off. I was praying that I would make it home today with out being stranded on the side of the road. I am getting a new one in another month or so, so it should all work out.
My sink is acting funny too. Why is everything around me falling apart or breaking? Not to mention my moody air conditioner.
Some really awesome stuff:
I received a phone call this afternoon from my sister who was just informed through an e-mail last night, that she has been accepted into her summer intern in London. I am truly happy for her. This is something that she has wanted for a really long time. She is so successful and I am proud of her. Now I really must get a passport. I have never been to London. She says that I would love it. I am going to save to be able to go and visit her. I can't wait!
1 comment:
awww Erika......I miss you!!! =)
Post a Comment