the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Late

The holidays are here. Christmas has come and go, and the new year is approaching. I'm not sure where things are going with me and my never-ending complicated love life.....but I do know that this Holiday break has been very restful.




It has been about a little more than a week and I have done a lot of sleeping. I feel rejuvenated and now I'm ready to go back.



My secret elf turned out to be the librarian. She did such a good job. She brought me a Dr. Pepper everyday with a little something extra. The final gift was bath stuff: beads, scrubs, bubble bath, even a relaxation cd. I listened to it while finishing my grades and lesson plans. I would like to note that the guitar teacher and I were practically the only ones who followed the rules on Wed. Most teachers went home early. Not us...nope nope. We were the good teachers. Okay, okay, so the last hour was spent watching Friends, but what else were we supposed to do?



Christmas day was fun. I saw almost all of my family. Some cousins from my mom's side got together later that evening and we played boardgames. We played Taboo, Cranium, CRL, and Scategories. They were so much fun. I'm glad I went.

I have been to the movies a couple of times. Each with different people. I think I should really go by myself if I'm going to see the ones I want to see. Hmmm. My significant other is going to have to accept that I love kid films.

I have been reading like crazy. I finished another Jodi Piccoult book, now I'm reading The Golden Compass. I saw the movie and loved it. There is so much controversy that surrounds the books that I want to read them and form my own opinion.

I have lots of liquor in my house that I have yet to even open. Sounds like a party is much needed!

No comments: