the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Recap

I had a very good summer. I traveled, read lots of books, went out, and spent time with family and loved ones. It started out very lazy, got busy with the sun, made some money, and now I'm back at work. It doesn't surprise me that the floors in my new dance room were never changed. It is our first day of officer camp and I am really excited. I set up my "office" for now, knowing that I will have to change it when my co-workers get here. Today is Modern. I love Modern. The music, the emotion.... is just so me.

I spent 10 days in NYC. I got to spend some much needed time with my sister. I worked a sample sale and got some free shoes. I went to a fashion meets finance party and saw my first runway show. I read in central park. I went to the MET. I finally saw the Empire State building. I took dance classes in a 3 day convention where I met Benji. I had a blast every single night! I love New York. Literally. I wish I could live there, I really do, but I'm always so scared to try something new. Although that was not the case with food this time....I tried just about everything I could and enjoyed almost all of it. I drank a lot of wine, which usually isn't the norm for me and I met the most amazing group of people. I had some really great adventures. I wish I could write them all down but that would take forever so I'll just put in keywords that will help me remember.

Batman
Shield
hail a taxi
Doug
illegal video
bug bites
"last night"
Dew
so nice to meet you

HA HA that pretty much sums it up....
I took pics but I won't put those up


Hope everything goes well with the Silver Stars Camp!

No comments: