so it was bound to happen to me sometime this year. My car got broken into last night. My parents and I were eating at Logan's on North 10th and in exactly an hour my laptop (my life) and a big bag full of stuff was stolen from my car. They broke my window. My parents lent me the Jeep to drive around. My phone charger was in my bag they stole so they gave me an old one that luckily I had an adapter for. My camera charger was in the computer bag. My software for editing pictures and videos was also in the bag. My MAKEUP was in the big bag they stole. Funny thing going to school with no make up on. I was asked if I was sick. I was asked if I was breaking out. It's disturbing to me that people hold nothing back. I mean if someone looked like crap and looked like they had been crying then I wouldn't make it a point to tell them they looked bad. ...but that's not even the problem I have with people right now. Right now I am furious at the people who did this. My laptop held precious documents and memories that I will never be able to get back. Memories from all my trips this past year. It was only yesterday that I uploaded my Jamaica pictures into my laptop and then deleted the entire camera to make room for the football games. I have videos from NY. Illegal videos that I risked losing my camera to capture. Benji!!!!!!! I had everything in the other bag they took. ALL my dance shoes. Lyrical sandals....like three pairs. Jazz shoes. An apple. MY MAKEUP. I don't buy just any makeup. If you have ever read my blog before you know my favorite store is Sephora. It took me years to build up my collection. A collection complete with expensive brushes, discontinued eye shadows that will never be sold again, gift sets with sentimental value, eyeliners that are unbelievable pricey, mascara, i mean everything. This always happens to me. Every year around this time, something bad goes wrong. Three years ago a car crash. Two years ago I sprained my ankle. I barely bought my laptop last August. It literally just had it's birthday. I finished paying it off in July. My music, pictures and videos were my life. This hurts so very much. For some strange reason I still have hope that it will find its way back to me. I just had learned to make movies. I had completed four DVDs for the middle schools to practice with. It had one bluetooth mouse in the pocket and another usb mouse in the side pocket.
Everyone tells me to be happy it wasn't the car or worse ...you. But just thinking of not having my laptop with me anymore is sickening. Two people actually said the same thing to me..."I hope those people die in a car crash!" I didn't say it and I didn't agree to it but it was kinda funny that they said the exact same thing word for word.
I wish all restaurants had video cameras, but I don't know how much good it would have done anyway.
I miss my laptop. You will always be in my heart.... RIP
No comments:
Post a Comment