the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Have things actually changed?

I haven't written in a very long time. Its almost the end of the school year and so many things have happened in between my little break from writing. A friend brought up this blog to me and it reminded me how much I like to write.

I was asked once if i ever had "deep thoughts". I'd like to say that I had, but I truly don't know. And it scared me. A lot. I sometimes feel that I am so involved with the present and turn small things into big things, and let those things get me worried and worked up. It sucks to feel this way all the time and I have tried so very hard to fix it and undo the years of negative thinking, but it is very hard. There are very few people who really know me. Very few. I was once asked what I wanted out of life. I want what everyone else wants. I want someone to love. And for that person to love me back. I want a family, with kids. I want to travel and go on vacations. I want to grow old with my husband and see grandchildren. I don't want much. I don't need much.

I gave blood today. For the first time. I have tried several times but my iron is always too low. I have been taking vitamins for almost a year now and it is finally up. I saved a life today.

Tomorrow is Mother's day. We are supposed to go to the Echo Motel in Edinburg and have lunch there with all my family on my dad's side.

I travel to New Orleans next weekend for Homer's graduation. I'm looking forward to that but not to the week in front of it. Drill Team tryouts are this week, as well as the Choir Show. Everyone is working really hard. I am curious as to how many dancers I will have next year.

It's late and the only way I can stop my mind from panicking tonight is to go to sleep. I would use a sleeping pill but I want to wake up early tomorrow morning. I will strive to write more consistently.

No comments: