the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Bye Week

        We finally have a week off from football.  Going ten weeks through non-stop is so intense.  We usually do a new show for every home game.  This year I had to adjust and repeat a show.  Technically we were not home but it was still at our stadium so it felt like a repeat.  I was really just happy that we got through it.  Now it is our bye week and I have really enjoyed waking up at a normal time and taking Jaycie to school.  We had to do a fundraiser for her.  Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apples and Pretzels.  She sold to 54 people for a total of $590 dollars.  Not bad for her first fundraiser.  Well... ok so it's not her first fundraiser ... last year we got bombarded with fundraiser after fundraiser and we were so busy that we kind of didn't participate in any of them.  I felt really bad, so this year I said I would try harder.  Luckily enough this is her first one for this year.  It doesn't look like there are going to be so many. 

       I haven't read any books since my last posting..which makes me kind of sad.  I have a book on hold at the library that I really need to go pick up, plus some books Jaycie and I need to return.  Maybe we can take a trip today.

       The library is fun but when only one parent goes it is hard to look for a book because the children's section is in a different section than the adults and that means she has to go to the "boring" part of the library.  The last time we were there Jaycie got in trouble for throwing a toy to another kid.  To be fair the other kid was showing her how to throw the toy and only Jaycie got caught doing it.  I had to get mad at her and say "You're not making good choices".  That's kind of her thing at the moment.  At school they are taught to make "good choices" and now we are using that against her.  She knows that a bad choice will have consequences and the good ones will lead to rewards.  I'm really happy with the school this year.  She seems happy and is learning a lot of things.  Just the other day she was showing me the parts of a book.  I know it sounds silly but how many of my high school kids know that the side of the book is called the "spine".  She is only 3 and she was telling me about the spine,  the title, the front, and the back.  I was so proud to hear her say all these things, especially because I love to read.  We read to her every night.  3 books a night.  They are small books but she always gets three books. 

                                                                                          frustrated because its been months  

No comments: