Wow ...a lot has happened this past week. On Tuesday I went out with Steve. We went to Texas Roadhouse. It was fun. We caught up on each others lives. On Wednesday and Thursday night I stayed up late trying to finish my grade book. Since I had not received one during the year, I haven't been keeping up with it. That leaves me with an entire year of work I had to do. With the help of Steven and many skipped meals, I finished at 2 in the afternoon on Friday.
I am skipping ahead of myself....
Thursday was the last day of school for the students. What a day. The students decided to have a food fight on the last day. They started sending text messages and warning other students. I didn't actually get to see the food fight but I heard and saw the aftermath. It was incredible. Teachers who were supposed to be on duty just stood there. Others got hit. I heard our principal got hit too. LOL.
Friday: Like I said...I finished my grade book at 2 then worked on my lesson plans. Afterwards I had to run around like a busy little bee to get signatures on my sign out sheet. I didn't even know half the people on the sheet so that was a bit hard. I finished and signed out before 4:25. I shook my principals hand and she smiled and that was that. I do regret some of the friendships I will be leaving behind. Jason has yet to call. This makes me a little sad. I expected more. Oh well.
Early Saturday I answered the door. Big mistake. I got myself into a whole heap of trouble. Long story short: I lost internet for a weekend, telephone lines were cut, I am out 100 dollars and cried. Never answer the door on a Sat. It will never be good. That night I went to my co-workers house to play poker. She works at a middle school. I started out really slow. Not really winning or losing much, then I got dealt some really good hands. I started winning and at some point I was in the lead. We decided to take a break after the first person lost. During that time Coty proceeded to tell me that central office was thinking of firing both me and Linda. This got me really worried. She told me to go and fight for my job at central office. To talk to some people. My philosophy is that if someone doesn't want me to work for them, I am not going to fight it. They don't know what they are giving up. Needless to say, I played horrible after that. I got home and text Linda, my mom, and my dad. I got them worried too(not on purpose) and then I couldn't sleep.
Sunday I called to confirm this gossip, and found out that it was all just a rumor. My job is safe....for now. That's when I realized that my internet was down. After going to church I slept and thought about how my first official day of vacation would turn out.
First official day of Vacation: Woke up at 8 since my body is used to it. Called 2 security systems, the phone company and several voice systems. Finally after a lot of tears, I fix the damn thing myself and reconnect my telephone lines. The rest I am not even going to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment