This morning the girls learned their competition hip hop. I liked the music cut and they really liked the dance. In the afternoon they had a master class from Keith Green. If you don't know about him.. Google him. I did. He was an awesome teacher and choreographer. The girls had so much fun and reminded them why they started dancing in the first place. I also joined the class because it's always an honor to take class from different people. I had the best workout. Yesterday I jogged 3.2 miles and I wasn't nearly as tired or sweaty then today. I love hip hop and haven't danced full out (from something I haven't made up) in a really long time. It was great, and its good to know that I still got it ;)
They are learning a kick as I write. They are not as enthusiastic about this one but I think they are tired, hot, and a little confused. Kick can sometimes be hard when th

ere is a lot of footwork involved. I took a picture of my treadmill work out yesterday because I was so proud. I could never run three miles. Ever. So I took a pic to make sure I had proof. BTW I'm so not going to the gym today. I had my workout. But, that kinda leaves me scared because then all I will have are my thoughts to occupy me and that is not always a good thing. I wish it was Wednesday. Then it would be parents day and I wouldn't have to worry about it. Maybe I'll visit them anyways.
3 comments:
Congrats on ya jog. I always wanted to get into shape. I had a friend that wanted to lose weight and so I was trying to get her to go to the park with me and we could run together. But she doesn't like running. And so I never went to run either.
What are kicks in those terms.
hehe I needa bug ya more often. Maybe that will help keep ya occupied so that ya thoughts dun take over ya time. Hehe help keep my thoughts taking over my time also. It's win win. HAH!! =^-^= <---smiling kitty face
Kicks are when a team of girls (and in my case 2 boys) "hook up" (which in drill team terms means connect shoulder to shoulder) then perform a set of high kicks to a song that has an upbeat tempo. When they kick they should try to aim on their legs all being the same height. The higher they kick (above their head, or some kick their nose) the more the crowd gets into it.
Now when you explain it, it sounds simple but how hard is it actually. And how does the difficulty change on the team when someone is shorter or taller then the rest.
Post a Comment