I know there are a lot of people out there that have it so much harder than I, but this is just a little recap of my "bad morning"
I have been going to sleep pretty early. I guess I have been sleeping pretty deep considering I didn't hear the 4 texts around 11 last night. I'm one of those people that checks out fb and email before getting out of bed. Well I open the texts and I am appalled by what a loved one has written. I get mad, hurt, sad, offended all at the same time. First, because I still feel like I am in high school... sending text messages instead of communicating like adults. Second, because of the context and Third, because I'm pregnant and all these hormones are making me feel things that I don't really know how to deal with.
Instead of ranting about what was discussed, I want to use this post to analyze how I dealt with it.
Being the emotional person I am, wrote a text out of anger. None of it was malicious but brutally honest. As soon as I finished I read both messages out loud to my husband. Not getting the reaction I wanted, I called my dad. Yes, I am a "daddy's girl" and if anyone gives good advice it's him. By that time, I was in tears. I have never been one of those girls that could come up with a smart comeback off the top of my head and my emotions make things way worse, so it took my dad a while to figure out what I was saying. He advised not to send the text, and to keep the peace in the family. I know, that by just calling him, that that's what I was going to do anyway, but I guess I still needed to hear it. I didn't respond, but I am also not going to call either. I am going to try to be the bigger person. Yes, I'm ranting here but I truly believe that this is a healthy outlet. My husband was really supportive when I got off the phone. My only wish is that he would have talked it over with me so that I didn't have to run to my dad.
That was just part 1
Instead of letting everything get to me, I decide to get ready for school and leave for work earlier so that I could stop and get breakfast. There is a new McDonald's on the way to work and I have been craving a sausage biscuit combo with juice. I take off with more time that I needed. I order and am on my way. I start eating the hash brown on the way to work because when I get there I won't have time to eat because I have morning duty. As I get to the sausage biscuit, I notice its a lot lighter than it should be. I open it up to find...... NOTHING. It's empty and it is nothing but a biscuit. Not even jelly or honey to go with it. I look at the receipt to make sure I ordered correctly and yes it says sausage biscuit. I decide to call and complain. (keep in mind, I'm already upset) The phone just rings and rings. I decide to call the "comment line" on the top of the receipt and I end up speaking to a very friendly Chevrolet dealership secretary. She says she has been getting so many calls because of this mistake. So much for trying to complain. I am determined to get a hold of someone from that McDonald's even if I have to go in and talk to the manager and complain because of the number on the receipts. You don't mess with a pregnant woman's breakfast after she has had a shitty morning.
Here is a picture of the receipt.

No comments:
Post a Comment