the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Friday, December 1, 2006

Moving Along

Okay last night I felt really uneasy. I got online and went to practically every website that I normally visit. Still feeling uneasy, I started downloading music. Then I realized that I have two solos to teach tomorrow, so maybe I should use my time more wisely. I started choreographing and then I stood up and tried what I had. I also realized that I hadn't stretched yet. So I did. Then I realized ....I'm still hurt...but said to myself that "It must be the carpet which doesn't allow me to turn" ...so I put on ballet shoes. As I was walking back and forth across the house from room to room...I realized that the cat litter had developed a very awful odor. So, in my ballet shoes, I started to clean the cat room. I washed their food and water bowls, swept and mopped the area, cleaned their placemat, changed the litter, filters, and washed out the inside of the cat box...(can you tell I had a lot of energy to burn?) Then I went back to the computer room and finished one dance, and started on the other. I pace myself so that my choreography doesn't look the same, so that I don't feel overwhelmed, and so my that my dancers can soak up the steps. It was around 12:15 a.m. when I got the urge to go to pump and work out. I felt like I needed to run. Just run. Then I thought about the next morning....and how I would feel. So I didn't. I took a shower and climbed in bed. I feel asleep right away. I didn't even get to put my phone on its charger. Today I am dragging. I feel like I did run. My hamstrings are sore. No practice again today....but I have another solo to teach. Tonight: A real workout and a soak in my very own hot tub.

No comments: