the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Sunday, December 17, 2006

No Jingle Bells!

Just a few more days and school will be over. I just have to jump over some hurdles before everything will come to an end. Its after 10 on a Sunday night and I am barely printing out my final for my students. Turns out that I "thought" I saved the file to my pen drive...but I didn't. It was to my computer. I also need to make up my dance routine that I am supposed to teach tomorrow. I always leave these things to the end. I wish that I didn't, but I always end up doing it no matter how hard I try. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake tonight to finish. I have had some practice on that area lately.

There was a parade this past Saturday. The drill team had to march. I guess that meant that the directors had to march as well. As I recall, my director never walked with us during the parade. She was always waiting for us on the other side. Maybe it was because the Edinburg parade was a lot longer walk and she was a bit older. It was hot. The girls were in windpants and very uncomfortable. The whole thing started an hour and a half late. Did it really matter who went first? From what I could see there were two floats and our band, colorguard, drill team, a little old couple in a funny car, and maybe a middle school team. We waved at the dogs in the yards. Some wanted to kill us. Others, just watch. There was even a wedding or a Quinceanera ("15th birthday") going on at a church and all the people turned around to watch. To be quite honest, the whole thing was a little sad, and silly. First of all, La Joya is one street. The expressway. Well we couldn't just close that off could we? So, someone randomly picked a road close to the school and we literally walked to the river. LOL. Or it felt like it. I did get my name called out, which was embarrasing.

Marty comes to the valley on Wednesday. I have been really looking foward to it, and now its finally here. Just a few more days.

Not looking forward to the beginning of the week, but very much looking forward to the end of the week.

No comments: