Line Camp has started today. It is awesome. I absolutely love it. The staff from Elite Dance Company is so nice and prepared. In La Joya, we have always had guest choreographers come in and they have always been very inconsistent. You just never knew what you were going to get. They were not affiliated with any company so I think that sometimes made them lazy. My dancers have also surprised me. Some are lost, but others are starting to shine. One has great leaps, one catches on really fast, another is a great jumper, and one even has good toe points. I think they are exactly between intermediate and beginners, and have tons of potential. I really like that the staff is challenging them.
I don't know why but lately I have been feeling really insecure and emotional. I got all choked up on that stupid hallmark commercial (u know.. the one with the little girl that had butterflies flying around her because she was going back to school). I also think it had a lot to do with the music that was in the background. It was John Mayer. Need I say more. At the beginning of summer that was kinda the whole point of becoming healthy. You know outside and in. I heard that people with lots to lose care more about their actions in life then people with nothing to lose. It kinda pertained to jobs in general but I have been relating it to life lately. I think that is what I am kinda feeling. Scared of losing what is already shaky to begin with and not getting the reassurance that I desperately need. I need to be a stronger person and not care so much but that is nearly impossible for me to do. I was watching a documentary on H.B.O. (something i never do) but there was a lot of useful information and it sort of helped me realize some things.
More thoughts later today :)
2 comments:
Sounds like ya have a good starting team here. Hopefully they will learn to work as a team and be able to teach other. Challenging them is a good thing to keep up on. Just don't over challenge them. Cause them to feel like they can't do something and that might effect their performance.
Thanks for your thoughts. They are learning pretty fast and getting better everyday. :)
Post a Comment