the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pretty Kitty

It seems, lately, that happiness is a state of mind. I disagree with this statement. I feel happiness comes when you are not expecting it. You go about your life and in the end if you realize that you wouldn't change a thing, then you are happy. I am not arguing that happy people can't ever regret their actions or words. No, everyone has regrets. Everyone has made mistakes. It is what people do after those mistakes that truly shows a persons character.

I also found this....

How Happy Are You?
Happiness is a relative state of mind. Some of us would be content living in a cave, while others would be miserable in a mansion. Throughout the ages, philosophers have pondered the meaning of happiness. Is it a balance between need and satisfaction? A harmony between that which we desire and that which we receive? A baby? A sports car? However we define happiness, one thing is certain: We know it when we don't have it.

This quiz is based on the work of the late Dr. Theo F. Lentz, former director of the Character Research Association in St. Louis, Missouri. He conducted the largest study ever done on the topic of happiness. Lentz's subjects were men and women ranging in age from sixteen to fifty years, with a minimum of twelve years of education. From the data collected, Lentz composed a "happiness scale."
If you've ever wondered how you compare with others on the happiness scale, the following quiz might provide some answers.

http://www.chatterbean.com/ruhappy


I have been struggling at work lately. It's a push and shove game here at high school. Always pushing students to perform.
My high school dance director always used to say, "You don't need a title to be a star".
She meant this pertaining to dance. You don't need the title of an officer, to make people watch you. People see a person shine and their eyes are usually drawn to them. As I am thinking of her and high school, I can see her statement now pertaining to every day life. I think she was right on the money. I see so many good hearted people doing good things in the world, that never get noticed or complimented, but they do it anyway, because of who they are. I'm kinda changing topics here but roll with me.....
Shouldn't people perform acts of kindness without looking for a reward, or some sort of compensation?


Our dance Showcase was tonight.....One hoop down.....It actually went very well. The dancers seemed a lot more calm after performing at competition two weeks ago. Well, the middle school dancers anyway. As for the high school, we actually had to cut one of the team routines because it was not ready. There was even a girl who totally freaked out and was crying because that's how badly she did not want to perform. It left me disappointed but relieved at the same time. Our seamstress also came and measured our forty some girls.....(oh yea we are now down to 40 or less girls, due to failures, injuries, and attendance records). More stress. Even though my days have been getting longer, I don't feel like they are. It feels almost the same. THURS night: arrive home at 9:50 I literally work more than I should. Oh yea and not to mention for no credit. At the showcase all the directors names were called out and from what school they were from....except you know who....Yea it sucks....but hey....that no reward mentality is kicking in right about now. Who needs it? Right?

On another note....I no longer belong to a gym. To me that is a pretty scary thing. I called to see if my contract was up and I was informed that it was. If I didn't want to get billed anymore I would have to go in person and sign. I should of thought about that before I actually did it. I was just so happy about not spending 39.95 a month on something that I rarely go to. I don't go to the gym for various reasons: Not enough time in the day, too far away, and pretty much just laziness. I decided to check out a smaller gym that is located a block away from my house. Mind you, I went right after I cancelled my PUMP contract. First it is smaller than I expected. Second, no personal TV screens for you to plug your earphones into. Third, not very many machines. The only thing it did have going for it, was the jacuzzi and the sauna. It was actually hidden in the back and very nice. Only thing is....It is for both men and women to share. I'm sorry but I can't imagine sharing a sauna with a guy. Aren't we supposed to use towels and nothing else? It was also a lot more expensive with really really didn't help it out. Now I totally regret giving up PUMP.

February is here. A day to remember: Feb. 1,2007....The first time I talk to Ronnie in, like, what would almost be years. Ronnie is a good friend who has been MIA for a while. But, I at least wanted to mention him in my blog. We caught each other up on our lives.

Tomorrow is another hoop: The basketball game, where this time, the girls must perform. Yikes! Hopefully Saturday is uneventful. Superbowl Sunday. Yea for commercials! (The true reason I watch, oh yea and family time too!)

Next week Marty visits. I am really looking forward to that. I am writing what will be going on in the future because I may not get another chance to write for a while. Competition is not far away. I can't wait till it's over so I can finally breathe.

No comments: