the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Coming Up

There is a "last" football game coming up for La Joya. For this one, I will be alone. Its hard enough to run a team of 57 girls with two directors, and to do it alone is even harder. In addition to the game there is also a community pep rally on Thursday. This means late work nights on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully this will be our last game. Not that it matters though, because I just found out that another drill team obligation is to perform at basketball games as well. This was supposed to be our time to focus on Competition. That is what matters to me. That is why im a director.

Like every normal person, I have good days and bad days. Today seems like a good day. I don't have practice today...so I need to figure out what to do with that time. Gotta make it count. I already scheduled my day off next week....im going to stay to teach someone her solo. So this might be the last one for a long time.

...........UPDATE: From the time it took me to go to lunch and back ....I found something I need to go to. Every year the fine arts department gives us a very special thanksgiving banquet. All the fine arts teachers from the entire district will attend, so this gives me a chance to see some old friends. After that I have some important paperwork that I really need to complete. This will complete my day. Not the best, but at least now I have something to look foward to. I was speaking with my director of dance today and he was explaining all the upcoming dance obligations. It sounds like this next year is going to be a handful. Its complicated to explain but here it goes: There are three high schools in La Joya. Two of them are 9th and 10th grade campuses and one senior school. All of them contribute to one team as far as football, basketball, track, and all other sports. This means that everyone is a Coyote, and all the drill teams in the district are Jewelettes. There are 6 middle schools. Next year...the High School will split and a new mascot with new colors will have to be named. This brings up a lot of problems as far as money, uniforms, and names for the rest of the schools. Pretty much, the district is going to have its very own make over. As I was listening to all the problems...and all I could think was ...."I can't wait".

No comments: