I try to surround myself with lots of things to do. At the same time, I find myself wishing I had more time to myself. Confusing, I know...Just hear me out. Work starts at 8:30...Which is great for me, because im one of those people that can never get up on time. Since we start so late....this means we also finish late. If school finishes late...then that also means that afterschool practices run much later than the norm. On most days I usually get home around 8:00. On Thursdays, I get home around 8:30 and on Fridays I don't see my bed until 12:30. Its a good thing I have a housemate, or the only beings that would be living at my house would be Jasper and Bella.
In between those times, I like to read, watch tv, and talk on the phone with Marty. And Sleep. Im not one of those people that need the full 8 hours of sleep, but eventually it catches up to me and I enjoy a nap from time to time. So I assume that once im asleep ...I'll stay asleep. Check out the events that happened earlier this week....
Time: 2:30 a.m. ~~~~> Something in the house crashes....(I was actually pretty surprised that I woke up, It means that im not as a light sleeper as I thought) I drag myself out of bed and open my door (I sleep with my door closed for various reasons) and find Jasper (My orange kitty) smelling something on the floor. At first, I couldn't see anything....Until....the smell hits me. (For a house warming party, my cousin gave me a jar of scented oil with wood sticks that absorb the oil and leave the house with the aroma) Yea, he knocked it off the kitchen counter ( A place where I thought he couldn't get to). There I am, 2:30 in the morning and i am sweeping up the glass (that has flown everywhere) and moping up the oil (where I conviently run out of floor cleaner) Lovely....I don't make it back in bed until 3:30....where now im wide awake.
That happened on Tues. night.....Funny because on Monday ....My parents were over at my house giving me a lesson on "How to Bbq" and my mom commented on how much she liked the scented oil. She never touched it. I told her the story and she said she gave it the "evil eye." Yes, our family believes in stuff like that. She claims that I was sick a lot when I was little because people who admired me, never touched me. Yes, I know...weird. She also claims that for some reason ...."its" really strong in her. I dont know how many earrings and stuff has broken around her, right after she states how much she likes it.
Anyway, I had a whole week off from late night practices...and now its back to reality.....we have a game coming up, and a pep rally on Thurs. Which means practice practice practice. Its not so bad. The students make it worth it. Also in a week, Marty comes to Texas, which I have been looking foward to for months. My sister (who has been spending her semester in NY) and My cousin (who has been in Iraq) also are coming down for Thanksgiving.
Im trying to read another book right now...but its not going so well.....The last book I read really made me upset. Im hoping that it doesnt have any influence on this next one...but I cant help it. The previous two books were great. I recently read Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. They were GREAT! I can wait for the next one to come out. But Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (which by the way is my favorite author) really left me.....uhhh...I can't even find the words....It didn't have the "happy ending" I am used to. Granted it did make me laugh from time to time ....and the writing was wonderful.....and I could relate to a lot of the "long distance" feelings right now....its just....I didn't like it. Im a hopeless romantic....I cant help it.
I guess thats enough for one day.....I still have a lot to write....funny because ....for a long time I kept typing and then erasing and typing again....now I can't stop....Thanks Marty :)
No comments:
Post a Comment