Check it out....I got an email from a fellow teacher a few days ago that was entitled "UPS Uniform Warning"...This is what it had in it:
UPS Uniforms
Government Warning regarding purchase of UPS uniforms:
There has been a huge purchase, $32,000 worth, of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBay over the last 30 days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers(terrorists) can drop off anything to anyone with deadly consequences! If you have ANY questions when a UPS driver appears at your door they should be able to furnish VALID I.D.
Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolutely sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS doesn't make deliveries or pickups in anything, except a company vehicle. If you have a problem, call your local law enforcement agency right away!
TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! Tell everyone in your office, your family, your friends, etc. Make people aware so that we can prepare and/or avoid terrorist attacks on our people! Thank you for your time in reviewing this and PLEASE send to Everyone your list, even if they are friend or foe. We should all be aware!
At first I think that its sweet of the teacher to be thinking of other human beings ....but ...of course I don't take it seriously....its just junk mail in my box that I now have to delete.....Now this morning I get a new email from another teacher entitled : "Re: UPS Warning" Here is what it had in it:
Dear colleagues:
Sorry to further clog your inbox, but I wanted everyone to know that the "UPS Uniform warning" you received a copy of is a hoax. Here is an article about it from the website Snopes, which debunks urban legends:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/upsuniforms.asp
I just think that these teachers have too much time on their hands to be sending emails back and forth regarding these silly things......Maybe its just that i am stressed and have too much paper work ....but then again....here I am ....writing about it in my BLOG....lol
The pep rally wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The girls did good and I got home early. Everything worked out. This weekend is going to be full of shows. On Saturday night, i am going to see the Folklorico Dance Concert here in La Joya. On Sunday, i am going to see the UTPA Dance Ensemble Concert. I miss dancing and watching shows is very different than performing in them, but I wish the performers all the best of luck and Merde.
My tia's surgery is today. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. She is the heart of a very big, very close knit family...and I can only pray that things go well.
Work is going well. I feel like I am actually accomplishing what needs to be done...ahead of schedule That's a big deal for me. Last night I went out to eat with my dad. One on one. My mom was playing" bunko", which I must remember to write about it someday. We went to Dai Tung, a Chinese place located a block from my house. I got a fortune cookie that said "Its better to complete a project late than never." So me. On a different note, as soon as we got seated, my dad recognized someone he knew. They said hi and the usual small talk followed. He then came back to his seat with me and we enjoyed our meal. I asked him about work (he recently got a new job) and he proceeded to tell me a story about his day. He and his boss took their secretaries out to eat at Logans (yeah our family eats out a lot) and got a very "new" waiter. Mistakes were made....some his fault ...some not. He was very apologetic and tried his best. Needless to say, my dad and this boss left a generous tip to help make his day better. He was very grateful and I listened intently to the "act of kindness", even if it is as simple as leaving a tip. It was at that moment that the waitress came up to us and said that the gentleman that was sitting at the other table paid for our meal and left. Neither one of us was expecting this and it was a very nice gesture. This made me think of a commercial I saw recently. I have no idea what they are promoting (my dad claims insurance) but it has acts of kindness that another persons witnesses and then in part performs his/her own random act of kindness...and goes full circle. Its just one of those feel good commercials. That night just reminded me of it. I wish I had a whole day to dedicate to write down all the lessons and stories my dad has shared with me over the years. He has a lot of common sense, street sense, if you will.
No comments:
Post a Comment