the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Official Day

Well it started out really rough. I didn't go to sleep early last night because I took a nap after school, so it was a struggle for me to get up. I know the exact time I have to leave in order to get to work on time. I went grocery shopping last night, so that I could have lunch the next day. I don't like drinking La Joya for various reasons, so I bought a gallon of Spring Water. Well last night I leave it out so that I can remember to take it with me to school. Not a good idea. My cats must have been curious so they poked holes in it and when I woke up there was water everywhere. Luckily my keys were not on the counter so the remote wasn't ruined, but my bag however was. Needless to say I was not as early as I wanted to be.

After the brief chaos in the morning, the rest of my day was much better. My students really seemed like they missed me, and as cheesy as this might seem, I missed them too. The classes were not as prepared as I would have liked them but they were willing to take on the new changes.

Practice was great. I really think we are finally moving in the right direction. Only one thing will hold us back: Time. We have one month to get everything finished. Fingers crossed.

No comments: