the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Sunday, February 10, 2008

St. Jude

Today, my Mom took me to St. Jude Church in Pharr. It was a really beautiful place. I kinda wish I had known about it when I was younger so that I would've had a place to go to when I felt lost. I was a beautiful trip that I'm glad we made together.

My cousin had her 2nd Birthday party. Hannah was so cute. She sat and opened all her presents. I had bought a purple monkey at Target to put on the gift bag. She looked so cute holding it close and petting it. It made me cry to see a little gift mean so much. She walked up to her grandma and showed her the monkey. It was too cute. They go all out for her birthday. A moon jump, a slide, a cotton candy machine. It was fun even for big kids.

Saturday was the Drill Team competition and my girls kicked ASS! Literally. They returned home with 21 awards! For me, as a director, I have never come home with that many. I mean, hearing our name called over and over again was just awesome. Here is the website if anyone wants to look up the contest results ~~~~> www.danceadts.com

Another big win was Dynamite Dance Studio. They did spectacular. Well, their team mostly consisted of our girls but nevertheless they deserve a hand.

I feel bad for DanzForce Academy. I thought they would walk away with more. Those girls are so talented, their routines just needed to be cleaned more.

No comments: