the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Trying to be normal

Competition season is finally over. Last weekend the Jewelettes competed in Houston. They came home with 11 awards. They did fairly well. I feel that they could have done better but only because I have seen them before.

I got a new haircut. One word: Bangs. They really do change a persons face. I have heard several comments from "It looks like a wig" to "You look like a doll". I'm not sure if they were meant as a positive but I took them and made them a positive. I don't mind looking like a doll, I think dolls are pretty. I even got a funny comment: "Ms, you look evil". HAHA. I think I am beginning to like it.

I have started another book. I have gotten into the habit of starting books and not finishing them. I started "The Golden Compass" but I have already seen the movie so I lost interest. The same goes for "Perfume". I tried to read another Jodi Picoult book but I'm finding that they are all similar. It usually takes me a while to get into it. I started reading "Lucky". So far it seems good.

Looking forward to the weekend :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.