the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Monday, February 11, 2008

Time Off

I got home today and actually washed my car. It felt so helpful to do something so simple that it just cleared my mind and let me focus on the task at hand. No phone calls, no meetings, no yelling. Time for myself. Time for watering the lawn. Time for dinner. Downtime. I has been a long time since I have had that. It feels nice. I will enjoy it while I can.

My Dad comes home tomorrow from San Fran. He sent me a pic from his phone of the bridge and it looks so beautiful there. I always thought that I would live there, even though I have never been there. I was told once that I would enjoy it. He was mainly talking about the weather but I feel like I would agree with him.

I have my dance tech. students dancing lyrical. They seem to like it more and more each day. The only thing is that it is really stressful on my body, especially my ankle. It's sore and starting to hurt. I think it's because I do the same thing 5 times a day. It will get better soon. The good thing is that it is keeping me in shape.

I have this problem student. I haven't seen her since Jan. 9th and I mark her absent everyday. The only thing is that last week I saw her at an assembly for the school. I wrote her up and turned her name into the discipline office. Today she comes in asking for a pass to CIS and I told her "No, you need to come to class, get inside." She got all huffy and puffy and walked out of my office. She never returned. So I wrote her up again. I don't know if it is helping. I called to her house but both numbers are disconnected. I don't know what else there is to do. Looks like I have to fail another student. It's amazing how many students actually fail dance. On the upside some of the students that I previously had problems with are now starting to work with me more and even starting to shine. I wish all of my students cared as much as I do about dance but then again don't all teachers wish the same thing?

No comments: