the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden
-Melissa Hayden
Monday, April 23, 2007
Crave
Today was a really great day! In fact I had a pretty good weekend, but today was the best day ever! It all started off with a jury summons. Most people hate jury duty, but I wanted to look at this day as a day off. I was trying to be early but ended up right on time. I got a parking spot right in front. So far so good. This past weekend I realized that I misread the envelope and didn't fill out a questionnaire. I didn't mail it in, because I thought it was for people who were exempt. I was a little worried. But......No big deal. Lots of people did the same thing. A person just went around and picked them up. Since I was only "on time" naturally there were no places to sit. I decided to stand. It really wasn't going to be so bad, standing. I do it all the time at school. At that very moment, the announcer asked everyone to move in and fill any empty seats around them. Bam, I score a side seat. I brought a book to read so luckily I didn't have to do the whole, "staring at a blank stage" thing. We were released for a 40 min break. I just stayed in my chair. How much can you get done in 40 mins? Then the scary part came. People were now being called into groups. After an entire group was called they were informed of locations, times and dates. Some even had to report on Thursday. I was OK with missing one day of school, but not another. I really didn't want to be called into those groups. After what seemed like a short time, there were about 70 people left over, me being one of them. We were excused and told that we were on stand-by, but people rarely get called on stand-by so I had the rest of the day off. I had lunch with my Mom at Luby's. After that she dropped me off to pick up my new CR-V. It is beautiful. It drives like a dream. I took pictures and video. I went to my parents house, finished laundry, and headed home. Traffic was tight so I couldn't really see how fast the new car goes, but maybe that is a good thing. You know, until I get adjusted to it. When I got home, a box was waiting for me. I ordered shoes online from Zappos. This is my new favorite web site. Free overnight delivery, all the shoes and brands you could possibly hope for, 365 days to return....I mean what more can you hope for? Let me tell you...I found the sexiest pair of black, high heel, peep toe, suede shoes ever! They are comfortable and fashionable. No sales tax, delivered right to my door, without ever leaving the comfort of home. I bought them for the banquet that I am supposed to go to. The day is still not over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment