the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A-Low-Blow

I am learning some interesting facts about working where I am. I am learning that people are very sneaky. I am learning that people like to gossip. I am learning that no matter what you do or how good you do it, people will always find a reason to bring you down. Was it only a few days ago that I was so excited about having my own drill team? It seems like a lifetime ago. Things have changed and not for the better. I can't even begin to explain how it has made me feel. Until today. I had dinner with my parents, and sure enough my mom was almost going through the same thing. My dad was the one to put it into words though...Maybe you didn't do anything wrong, but now that someone has questioned you, there is always going to be doubt. It sucks to do your job and then have someone tell you that people are "disappointed" with the way your doing it. I'm sorry ....I really need to vent. If someone is going to be above me, I don't have a problem with it. I really don't. As long as they are qualified for the job, of course. I want to know who? Who? I was told to "plead my case". Should a person really have to go that far? Just to get a job? A job that was promised to her? A job that (lets be honest) no one really wants? I want the job. I would work hard (and have been). Yesterday I came home with a massive head ache. Then came the fever. And for what? Stress about my job? So not worth it. I really need to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. Someone once asked me that not to long ago. I never put much thought into it because I thought I already knew. Boy, was I wrong. I am more than sure things will be different next week, or even tomorrow, but for now this is how I feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww Erika.....stress at the J-O-B huh?? Sucks! Give me a call if ya wanna chat about it!! =) Hope it gets better!