Today I feel weak. Not emotionally weak, but physically weak. I can't even sit up straight as I type.
I was thinking about happiness and what it takes to truly be happy. I heard once that a happy person will enjoy the scenery during a detour. I don't think I am one of those types of people but I'm not necessarily an unhappy person. I was thinking about happiness and relationships. Being happy in a relationship is something that is a bit hard for me. Something that has always stuck with me was said in a very bad breakup: You will never be happy with anyone unless your happy with yourself first. I never thought anything could hurt as much as those words. Years later when I confronted him, he told me he was unhappy with himself. I never realized how much that statement was true. A person can't be happy being in a relationship regardless of how great that other person is, if that first person isn't happy with herself. For example if the great person makes the other person happy on his best day it will only make the first person 70% happy. The other 30% needs to come from inside. It's like a minimum. "You must be (fill in the blank) tall to ride". And if that is true, then is it even possible for someone to be 100% happy? And if you were 50% happy with yourself, does that mean that the other person would only have to "put in" the other half? Wouldn't that mean that he would know that he wouldn't have to try as hard? I wish someone could come up with some kind of gadget that could tell how happy you are with yourself, by yourself. That way, we could use it and tell if we were really ready to enter a relationship. And if we weren't then we could save ourselves a lot of time, pain, and waiting. .....but then how many people would be in relationships? How many people would be married? What if you liked a person so much that you were willing to risk your happiness to help boost someone else's? What if there is only so much happiness to go around? And the people that have it right now, might not want to share? What happens then?
Lol....OK so I got a little carried away. It's in my head and I just had to get it out.
On a much serious note: What happened today in Virginia is terrible. I can't even begin to imagine what families and friends must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. I am sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment