the musings and views of a life that is ambiguous and hazy but worth living :)
Learning to walk set you free. Learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all: to express with your whole self the person you are.
-Melissa Hayden

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday

Thursday was the last day of school. That night I judged Sharyland H.S. Drill team. Officers and line. I did it as a favor to my friend Tara. She is the director. I have judged many times before, and this team was not bad. She should have a very good team next year. Her numbers are a lot less than mine, but in a way it seems better. She gets to have a close relationship with each of her girls. I can only have my favorites. I know that sounds really bad, but with over sixty girls and two guys, there is no escaping it. My sister also came to visit for the Easter holiday.

On Friday, my family usually gets together to have a fish fry. Before that, my parents made an appointment for our immediate family to get our taxes done. That was fun. After the fish fry and a brief moment in the darkness...lol...(inside joke)...we went to church, then home, where I helped hook up my parents new dvr. We went out to eat at the Blue Shell for more fish and finally home.

On Saturday, my sister and I spent the day shopping at the mall and around town. I bought new shoes, some really cool eye liner, and shampoos. She was very good ...up until the end.

I woke up Easter Sunday and picked up my mom and sister and headed over to my aunts house. We usually spend Easter outside. We bbq, play volleyball, hunt for eggs, and crack eggs on each others heads. Yes, crack them on heads. It's a tradition that I grew up with. This year, the weather was so bad, we spent most of it indoors. Tonight I am going bowling with friends. I am so glad I have tomorrow off. I think this is my first year that I have the Monday after Easter off.

No comments: